Here is a nice light summer dish: roasted chicken with a beautiful peach herb salad. It is quick and easy and completely AIP friendly!
To better health, enjoy!
YIELD: Serves 2
- 2 pastured chicken legs
- 8 ounces of romaine hearts, washed
- 1 ripe peach or stone fruit of choice
- 3 sprigs of dill, washed
- 5 mint leaves, washed and julienned
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Generously salt pastured chicken thighs.
- Over high heat in a cast iron pan, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then, add in chicken thighs, skin side down. Sear for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Turn chicken thighs over and sear for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put chicken thighs in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Wash romaine hearts, peach, dill, mint, and lemon.
- Chop romaine hearts into ½-inch pieces, thinly slice peach, and finely chop dill. Add everything into a bowl.
- When the 10 minutes are up, turn the oven temperature down to 350 °F. Bake chicken for an additional 20 minutes.
- When chicken thighs are done, remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice lemon in half and remove seeds.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top of salad. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Mix well.
- Julienne mint.
- Serve salad next to the finished chicken thigh. Garnish with mint.