MEET THE TEAM
DANIEL AUER DC
Dr. Daniel Auer has over 15 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. He takes a whole body approach to health by balancing all the body’s systems through a combination of functional medicine, clinical nutrition, and chiropractic manipulative therapy (CMT). His patients often call him a "holistic" physician because he takes care of patients with a "whole list" of problems.
Born in Zurich, Switzerland, Dr. Auer became interested in fitness and health in his teenage years. He first obtained a degree in business from Hof Oberkirkch in St. Gallen, Switzerland and worked in the branding and corporate identity field in Zurich.
After his move to the U.S. in 1998, he ultimately pursued his interest and spent over 10 years in the health and fitness industry. He founded a personal training and wellness company called “Health In Motion,” which specialized in posture correction, post-rehabilitation, and nutritional consulting. While working with hundreds of clients at Health In Motion, he came to understand that his clients did best when they balanced all aspects of their lives: lifestyle and diet, strength and endurance, structural integrity and posture, and stress and anxiety management.
Over the last 15 years, Dr. Auer continues to educate himself in various specialities, particularly functional medicine and clinical nutrition. He founded Auer Integrative Health in 2008 and has worked hard on implementing a cutting edge functional medicine program called the 360 Wellness Program. His never-ending quest towards improving his understanding of the body and how diet and lifestyle play an interconnected role in one's overall health presentation keeps him at the forefront of current treatment approaches. He believes in leading by example and embraces this philosophy not only in his practice, but also in his private life.
- Functional Medicine Practitioner (AFMCP) - 2015
- Post Doctorate Program for Functional Neurology (IAFNR) – In training.
- Certified Clinical Nutritionist, National Board Certification Program (CCN) – Currently enrolled
- Received training with Dr. Dicken Weatherby in advanced blood chemistry interpretation and treatment.
- Received training by Dr. Datis Kharrazian in functional endocrinology, functional blood chemistry, functional thyroid interpretation and treatment, and neurotransmitter and brain chemistry balancing.
- Received training by Dr. Natasha McBride in the Gut And Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Method
- Received training by Donna Gates in the Body Ecology Method
- Received training in functional medicine from Dr. Janet lang on managing adrenal disorders, thyroid hormones, male / female hormones, menopause, and various conditions such as PCOS, fibroids, endometriosis, etc.
- Doctor of Chiropractic Palmer College of Chiropractic West, San Jose, CA – 2008
- Business and Finance Degree, Hof Oberkirch St. Gallen, Switzerland – 1995
- Board-Certified Chiropractic Physician in the State of California
- Functional Medicine Practitioner (AFMCP)
- Certified Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Practitioner
- Applied Kinesiology 100Hr Course
- CPR, First Aid, AED
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Sacral Occipital Technique (SOT)
- Thompson Drop Technique
- Graston Technique
- Kinesio Taping (KT1, KT2, KT3)
- NASM – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- NSCA-CPT – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- ISSA – International Sports Sciences Association
- APEX – Fitness Professional
- Structural Exercise Specialist – Function First, San Diego, CA
- Posture and Motor Learning Specialist - Egoscue Method, San Diego
- Perform Better Functional Training Series
- Institute For Functional Medicine (IFM)
- The International & American Association Of Clinical Nutritionists
- American Clinical Board of Nutrition
- American Society for Nutrition
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- International College of Applied Kinesiology (ICAK)
- International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation (IAFNR)
- California Chiropractic Association (CCA)
- American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
ADAM ORTIZ | OFFICE MANAGER
Adam Ortiz is our Office Manager and the face of the operation. He has been with Auer Integrative Health since its establishment in 2008. Essentially, he manages all of the administrative and logistic processes and maintains a smooth patient flow throughout the office. Adam will be the first voice you hear or meet when you contact our clinic. He makes it his priority to ensure that our patients walk away feeling comfortable overall and completely satisfied with their care.
CHRISTINA DANG | PROGRAM MANAGER
Christina Dang is our Program Manager and the most recent team member, joining Auer Integrative Health in 2013. For the 360 Wellness Program, she directs the process flow and patient communication to monitor the progress of patients and to provide full support. Christina is also our jack of all trades, handling anything from technological applications to website development.
After her experience with our detoxification program, she applied the foundations she learned during the program and through Dr. Auer to embrace a healthier approach to her lifestyle. She traded eating BBQ pork buns and gorging on all things chocolate for cooking homemade meals of free-range chicken thighs with a side of cruciferous vegetables and making her own coconut milk based ice cream.